Effective November 13, 2013
As used in this policy, the terms “using” and “processing” information include using cookies or other similar technologies on a computer/phone, subjecting the information to statistical or other analysis and using or handling information in any way, including, but not limited to, scanning, collecting, storing, evaluating, modifying, deleting, using, combining, disclosing and transferring information within our organization or among our affiliates within the United States or internationally.
Information Collection and Use
Our primary goals in collecting information are to provide and improve our HDM Products, to administer your Account (as defined below), and provide better targeted advertising.
Personally Identifiable Information.
- When you register with us or when you choose to add information to a profile in an HDM Product we will ask you for personally identifiable information. This refers to information about you that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Information“). Personal Information includes, but is not limited to, your name, email address, home address, mobile phone number and may include certain information, including login credentials, related to your social networks and other third party sites. We use your Personal Information mainly to provide the applicable HDM Product and administer your inquiries.
- We also collect the other information that you provide as part of registration and the administration and personalization Account (e.g., without limitation, zip code (on its own), location information, and individual preferences) (“Non-Identifying Information“).
- We use your Personal Information (in some cases, in conjunction with your Non-Identifying Information) mainly to provide the applicable HDM Product and administer your inquiries. This may include using your Personal Information to provide more and better targeted advertising.
- Certain Non-Identifying Information would be considered a part of your Personal Information if it were combined with other identifiers (for example, combining your zip code with your street address) in a way that enables you to be identified. But the same pieces of information are considered Non-Identifying Information when they are taken alone or combined only with other non-identifying information (for example, your viewing preferences). We may combine your Personal Information with Non-Identifying Information and aggregate it with information collected from others who use HDM Products to attempt to provide you with a better experience, to improve the quality and value of the applicable HDM Product and to analyze and understand how our HDM Product is used. We may also use the combined information without aggregating it to serve you specifically, for instance to deliver a product to you according to your preferences or restrictions.
- While HDmessaging may offer you the ability to determine how much information you wish to share through the HDM Products you use through your “Account Settings,” any Personal Information or other content that you voluntarily disclose online (for example, on your public profile (in HDM Products that offer a public profile) becomes publicly available and could be collected and used by others. When using HDM Product messaging products your name and phone number is displayed to other users when you send direct messages, and/or if you are included in a conversation with that user.
- We also use your Personal Information to contact you with HDmessaging marketing or promotional materials, those “Alerts” or “Notifications” you elect to receive and other information that may be of interest to you (such as, when a friend joins the same HDM Product). If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive such communications from us, please follow the unsubscribe instructions for the applicable HDM Product (or you may send us an email at privacy<at>hdmessaging.com with your unsubscribe request).
Information Collection Relating To Use of HDM Product
The HDM Product you use may use one or more technologies to collect information relating to your use of the HDM Product. We collect such information to enable certain features of the HDM Product, to better understand how you interact with the HDM Product, to improve our HDM Product and to improve our targeted advertising.
Identity theft and the practice currently known as “phishing” are of great concern to HDmessaging. Safeguarding information to help protect you from identity theft is a top priority. We do not and will not, at any time, request your credit card information, your Account ID, login password, or national identification numbers in a non-secure or unsolicited e-mail or telephone communication. For more information about phishing, visit the Federal Trade Commission’s website.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Registered Users. When you register through the HDM Product you may be requested to submit Personal Information to create a profile page. You can choose what other Personal Information you provide as part of your profile.
Aggregate Information and Non-Identifying Information. We may share aggregated information that includes Personal Information and we may otherwise disclose Non-Identifying Information and Log Data with third parties for industry analysis, demographic profiling and to deliver targeted advertising about other products and services.
Service Providers. We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our HDM Product (including the provision of advertising), to provide the HDM Product on our behalf, to perform miscellaneous services (e.g., without limitation, maintenance services, database management, web analytics and improvement of the HDM Product features) or to assist us in analyzing how our HDM Products are used. These third parties have access to your Personal Information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose. We may also provide Personal Information to our business partners or other trusted entities for the purpose of providing you with information on goods or services we believe will be of interest to you. You can, at any time, opt out of receiving such communications by following the unsubscribe instructions for the applicable HDM Product (or you may send us an email at privacy<at>hdmessaging.com with your unsubscribe request).
Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement. HDmessaging cooperates with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We will disclose any information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process (including but not limited to subpoenas), to protect the property and rights of HDmessaging or a third party, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop activity we may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, an illegal, unethical or legally actionable activity.
Business Transfers. HDmessaging may sell, transfer or otherwise share some or all of its assets, including your Personal Information, in connection with a merger, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets or in the event of bankruptcy.
Changing or Deleting Your Information
All registered Users may review, update, correct or delete the Personal Information in their registration profile by accessing their applicable Account Settings (Profile) page. If you would like us to delete your record in our system, please contact us and we will attempt to accommodate your request if we do not have any legal obligation to retain the record. See below for privacy contact information.
HDmessaging is very concerned with safeguarding your information. We employ administrative, physical and electronic measures designed to protect your information from unauthorized access.
We will make any legally required disclosures of any breach of the security, confidentiality, or integrity of your unencrypted electronically stored “personal data” (as defined in applicable state statutes on security breach notification) to you via email or conspicuous posting on this Site in the most expedient time possible and without unreasonable delay, insofar as consistent with (i) the legitimate needs of law enforcement or (ii) any measures necessary to determine the scope of the breach and restore the reasonable integrity of the data system.
Links to Other Sites
Our HDM Products may contain links to, and may allow you to visit, other websites (“Third Party Sites“). If you choose to visit any of these Third Party Sites by “clicking on” another third party link or navigating to a Third Party Site, you will be directed to that third party’s website. The fact that we link to a website or present a banner ad or other type of advertisement is not an endorsement, authorization or representation of our affiliation with that third party, nor is it an endorsement of their privacy or information security policies or practices. We do not exercise control over third party websites. These other websites may place their own cookies or other files on your computer/phone, collect data or solicit personal information from you. Other sites follow different rules regarding the use or disclosure of the personal information you submit to them. We encourage you to read the privacy policies or statements of the other websites you visit.
Our Policy Toward Children
The HDM Products are not directed to Users under 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with Personal Information without their consent, he or she should contact us at privacy<at>hdmessaging.com. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with Personal Information, we will delete such information from our files.